The objective of the Shooting Irish Lacrosse Club is to promote the ROOTS (Rules, Opponents, Officials, Team) values of the US Lacrosse Organization to develop youths as stronger, healthier and productive citizens. All members of the Shooting Irish Lacrosse Club will support these values and that development of all players as proper citizens of the lacrosse community takes precedence over winning.
In 2002, our Shooting Irish Lacrosse Club formed to teach, promote and spread the love of lacrosse to the young boys of York County. In 2009, we adopted girls’ elementary lacrosse into our program.
This past season we had U9, U11, U13 and U15 boys’ teams and girls’ Elementary, Middle School teams. We are proud to provide the foundation for most of the boys and girls for the York Catholic High School teams.
We look forward to getting to know you and your child/children in the new future.
In order to promote the mission of the Shooting Irish Lacrosse Club, the Club will give preference to the following categories of players(Girls and Boys):
- Players who currently attend York Catholic H.S. (7th/8th Grade).
- Players who currently attend a Catholic Elementary/Middle School.
- Players who In currently attend a Private School that does not offer Lacrosse with a genuine intent of attending York Catholic H.S. in the future.
- Players who currently are home schooled with a genuine intent of attending York Catholic H.S. in the future.
- Players who currently attend Public School with a genuine intent of attending York Catholic H.S. in the future.
- Players who do not fit any of these criteria will be allowed to play for the Shooting Irish at the sole discretion of the Club and its coaches, provided that 1) there is room on that team's roster for the player, 2) allowing the player to play does not violate any league rules, and 3) there is no objection from another league team located in the school district where that player attends school
Shooting Irish is volunteer-based program and encourage parent involvement.
The club will provide most of the details about our club via our website or you may contact our Shooting Irish President, Shane Harper at 717-825-8583
The outdoor season of lacrosse runs roughly from March through May with games being held primarily on weekends and sometimes during the week. Practice times and locations are determined by the coaches, typically by the end of February. The indoor season of lacrosse runs roughly from November thru mid February with games being held primarily on Saturdays. Our boys teams play within the YCLA. The girls play teams with YGL and LAGLA.
The club will provide the uniform jersey, coaching, and field for the players. Each player must purchase his/her shorts/skorts (roughly $25), stick and body equipment. For boys new to the sport of lacrosse the club offers starter kits which maybe borrowed for the season. A refundable deposit is required.
Shooting Irish conducts fundraisers throughout the season to help keep the cost of registration reasonable and to engage the community in our spirit of Lacrosse!
Player clinics are offered during the year to introduce potential players to the sport of lacrosse.
Each player, coach and board member must be a member of US Lacrosse, which is the national governing body of Men’s and Women’s lacrosse. There is an annual membership fee, which is not included in our registration fee.
Shooting Irish Lacrosse is member of the York County Lacrosse Association – learn more at www.yorkcountylacrosse.org
The club supports the initiatives of the Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA);our coaches and many of our parents are PCA certified. www.positivecoach.org
The Spirit of Irish Lacrosse Award initiated in the spring 2009, is presented to the YCHS lacrosse player(make and female) who shows and values leadership, commitment and respect, honors the game of lacrosse with spirit and sportsmanship, and gives a 100% day in and out. This player must have played on a Shooting Irish Lacrosse team.
All members are welcome.
Call (410)9526194 or Click Here to Contact Us with questions.